Well it's finally here...the Defender has been off the production line since January 2016, but it's back at last, with this new sensational model.
The Defender is one of a very select group of vehicles that will forever hold a place in the hearts of all car enthusiasts. As perhaps the most iconic vehicle to ever drive on four wheels, it proudly flies the flag for British engineering. This latest model takes all that the Defender is loved for, and incorporates all the latest technology and flawless design work that you would expect from a modern Land Rover. Therefore, it still has that classic look, it still has unrivalled off-road capabilities and it still has that sturdy exterior, but, at the same time, you now get the options of heated leather seats, a top of the range infotainment system,... and there's also soon to be a plug-in hybrid version.
Further sticking to tradition, you still get the choice of either the two-door Defender 90 or the four-door Defender 110. Both the 90 and the 110 are available in five different specs, moving upwards in quality each time, according to the modern Jaguar Land Rover naming system:
- Defender: The base spec comes with 18" gloss white steel wheels, all-season tyres, fabric heated front seats, LED headlights, 10" Pivi Pro, Smartphone Pack, Connected Navigation Pro, 6 speaker sound system, 360⁰ parking aid, cruise control and terrain response.
- Defender S: The first upgrade is to the S, which adds 19" gloss silver 6-spoke alloy wheels, grained leather heated front seats, Auto High Beam Assist, centre console with armrest and Interactive Driver Display with the Pivi Pro.
- Defender SE: Next up is the SE, which adds 20" gloss silver 5-spoke alloy wheels, memory front seats, premium LED headlights with signature DRL, front fog lights, keyless entry, Meridian 10 speaker sound system with subwoofer and Blind Spot Assist features.
- Defender HSE: Upgrading further to the HSE adds 20" gloss dark grey 5-split-spoke alloy wheels, Windsor leather seats, heated steering wheel, matrix LED headlights and Driver Assist Pack. Furthermore, the 90 HSE comes with a folding fabric roof and the 110 HSE comes with a sliding panoramic roof.
- Defender X: Finally, upgrading to the X adds 20" satin dark grey 5 spoke alloy wheels, heated & cooled front seats, heated rear seats, Meridian 14 speaker sound system with subwoofer, head-up display, black contrast roof & bonnet, premium cabin lighting, terrain response 2, configurable terrain response and all terrain progress control. Furthermore, the 90 gets its upgrade to the sliding panoramic roof.
As well as this, there's also the First Edition and a multitude of accessory packs that you can add to the Defender (Explorer, Adventure, Country & Urban). Be sure to get in touch for more details.
Being a Jaguar Land Rover specialist, we have loads of fantastic monthly rates on the Defender - click here to have a look. Our personal pick is the 110 D200 SE, coming with leather seats and all the essentials that you would expect from a top range vehicle. With its automatic all-wheel-drive engine, this car has a top speed of 109mph, a maximum power output of 200HP and a 0-62 of 10.3 seconds. Check out our latest rates on this car below.
Land Rover Defender 110 D200 SE Auto AWD Diesel
£524.29 + VAT per month for 60 months
With £4,718.61 + VAT up front
At 10,000 annual mileage